Friday, January 2, 2015

Push Back the Dark

Just now, driving back from running an errand, I had an epiphany about my blog and life in general. Some people set out to change the world. While this is a heroic endeavor, I don't see that happening for me and I don't aspire to it. What I can do is change one person's world. I wrote in my first post or so about sponsoring families at Christmas and the joy it brings me. On my drive just now, Josh Wilson's "Pushing Back the Dark" came on and I decided right then that it would become my personal anthem of 2015. It's like that store about the hundreds and thousands of starfish washed ashore. While it is beyond one person to save them all, you are making all the difference in the world to the few that you can save. Okay, so if you followed all of that, I have decided that while this blog will likely contain anecdotes of my day to day life, I would hope to use it to touch someone else's. So, I may be only one light in the dark, one light in the world...but I can be a bright light! Happy 2015!






No comments:

Post a Comment