Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I've Got the (Winter) Blues

I've been having a rough day (afternoon). I text my husband to tell him how 'blah' I'm feeling, like a mouse stuck on its wheel and he helped turn my mood around by sending people over to tell me how appreciated I am. The fact that he cares so much and took the time to think of a way to let me know that I am appreciated, by someone other than him, put a big smile on my face. I am hoping that I can get motivated to exercise after putting the baby almost two-year-old to bed tonight and that that will help as well. I just feel like it's the same thing day in and day out. Wake up, get son to school, go to work, sit at a desk all day, pick up son from school, commute home, dinner, clean/chores/kill time then bed to only wake up and do the exact same thing again. I need to remember among all the hubbub of every day, even in its monotony and when I'm feeling grey (thanks, Winter!),  I need to have a heart of gratitude for what I do have: a steady job, a loving family, adorable, healthy children, food on my table, a safe home, and a warm bed to crawl into at night. It's so so easy to take life for granted when it's the same thing every day and it all seems to fly by in a blur. Valentine's Day will be in two weeks. There is that to prepare for. And I need to start giving serious thought to little man's 2nd birthday party........Maybe exercise can give me something else to look forward to and strive for right now. Because I am feeling like it's all the same. Come on, Spring!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment